Boost Local Visibility: Where to Add Keywords in Google My Business?
It’s important to note that you shouldn’t stuff your GMB profile with irrelevant or excessive keywords. Instead, focus on using relevant and specific keywords that accurately describe your business and its offerings. By optimizing your GMB profile with targeted keywords, you can increase your visibility in search results and attract more customers to your business.
1. Optimize your Google My Business (GMB) listing by adding relevant keywords in the business name, business description, and category.
2. Ensure your GMB website contains the keywords that describe your business’s products and services. Use relevant keywords in the website’s content and meta descriptions.
3. Respond to customer reviews and incorporate keywords in your responses naturally.
4. Add keywords to the attributes feature in GMB that describe your business offerings, such as “outdoor seating” or “curbside pickup.”
5. Use location-based keywords when creating posts on GMB, especially when promoting events or offers specific to a particular location.
Where to Add Keywords on Google My Business?
Google My Business (GMB) is a crucial platform that allows businesses to establish their online presence and improve their online visibility. Adding the right keywords to your GMB profile can enhance your chances of ranking higher on the search engine results page. But, where do you add keywords on Google My Business? There are a few places to include them:
– Business name
– Address and service areas
– Business description
– Products and services feature
– GMB website
– Posts and updates
– Business category
– Reviews and Q&A
Related Business Areas to Optimize with Keywords
Apart from the primary sections of your GMB profile, there are other related business areas that you can optimize with keywords. These include:
– Photos: Use the file name and alt text of the images you upload to your GMB profile to include relevant keywords.
– Videos: Optimize the title, description, and tags with your primary and secondary keywords.
– Virtual tours: Use relevant keywords to describe the areas featured in the tour.
– Attributes: Add keywords to the attributes that describe your business, such as “organic” or “dog-friendly.”
– Appointment URL: If you have a booking system, include targeted keywords in your appointment URL.
Enhance Your Business Description with Targeted Keywords
Your business description on GMB is a valuable asset to promote your business. It’s an opportunity to communicate your unique selling propositions and build trust with potential customers. Including targeted keywords in your business description can help you rank higher for relevant search queries. Ensure that your description reads smoothly and doesn’t sound repetitive or spammy.
Tip: Use relevant keywords in the first sentence and sprinkle them throughout the description.
Leverage Products and Services Feature with Keywords
The Products and Services tab is one of the most underutilized sections on GMB. It allows you to feature your offerings and provide more detailed descriptions. It’s also an opportunity to add relevant keywords to your products and services.
Tip: Use html formatted bullet points to create a clear and concise list of your offerings. Include descriptive words and optimized keyword phrases.
Create an Unpaid GMB Website and Optimize with Keywords
Google offers free website hosting for your business through GMB. The website builder is optimized for search engines and can help you rank for relevant queries. You can customize your website with targeted keywords, descriptions, and photos, all from within GMB.
Tip: Use a domain name that’s easy to remember and reflects your business name and location. Ensure that the content reads naturally and not stuffed with keywords.
Incorporate Relevant Keywords on your Posts and Updates
Posting regularly on GMB can help you engage with your customers and show up in search results. Your posts and updates can include keyword-rich content that showcases your offerings, events, and promotions.
Tip: Use at least one primary keyword in the first sentence of your post. Write meaningful content and include relevant images. Create a call-to-action that drives engagement.
Amplify your Business Category with Targeted Keywords
Your business category on GMB is an important factor in how Google determines your relevancy for particular searches. Selecting the relevant category allows Google to match your business with relevant queries. Including primary and secondary keywords in your category can enhance your visibility.
Tip: Choose the most relevant category and add modifiers that reflect your business. Don’t add irrelevant categories or spammy keywords.
Boost Visibility by Adding Keywords to Reviews and Q&A
Reviews and Q&A sections of your GMB profile are powerful tools to build social proof and credibility. Including relevant keywords in your responses to customer queries or reviews can boost your visibility for relevant searches.
Tip: Use branded and keyword-rich language in Q&A and review responses. Address negative reviews promptly and professionally. Encourage customers to leave reviews by offering incentives.
In conclusion, adding targeted keywords to all areas of your Google My Business profile can boost your online visibility and improve your chances of ranking higher in search results. However, it’s crucial to avoid keyword stuffing and ensure your content reflects your unique value proposition. By implementing these strategies and consistently optimizing your GMB profile, you can attract more customers and grow your business.